Yoga for Men

The topic of yoga and men is one that is not often associated with each other, in today’s female dominated industry. Yet, some of the best teachers today are men and historically, many of the leading yogis who developed the practice of yoga and its many traditions have been male too.
In this week’s post, I discuss this notion and take a fresh perspective on why all men with busy working lives should introduce yoga into their lives.
Thanks to Yoga Scotland for the opportunity to publish an article in their January edition and to Lindsey Porter from Yoga~n~u for the introduction!
Click here for the article.
YB

7 Comments Add yours

1. Chris James says:

Great post YB – the crux of it being that Yoga was not designed for the female form! This is ironic because in full view of the fact that it has become a predominantly muddled class female pursuit. Yoga was originally practiced by men who possessed little: don’t forget to come to my class where it’s 80:20 men:women

Liked by 1 person

2. yogibanker says:

Hi CJMB great that it resonated with you. It’s really interesting how it yoga has become so female dominated. I often wonder why. World love to take a clas with you? What time on Mondays? YB

3. Your published again. It is true a bit female dominated. I will share on fb for the men out there.

Liked by 1 person

1. yogibanker says:

Liked by 1 person

4. Kiersten says:

I wjll righht aweay sntch yur rrss aas I can’t too ffind youur e-mail
    subscripyion lionk or newesletter service. Do you’ve any?

Please alolow mee understand soo that I may subscribe.
    Thanks.

5. Dan says:

It’s nice to see a fresh take on this. There’s so much more reason for men to do yoga besides increasing their deadlifts and the media isn’t doing a good job of showing it.

1. yogibanker says:

Thanks Dan. I agree that too much focus is on the physical and elemental mental level. It’s a much more deeper practice which men can benefit from. Thanks for stopping by.